Remote pressure and temperature monitoring for Guardian dry barrel hydrants.
Track pressure and temperature changes and get alerts at a moment’s notice via smart hydrant sensors deployed across your water system.
iHydrant® remote sensors Kennedy Guardian hydrants
Knowing the exact moment your water grid experiences a hydraulic event or is threatened by rapid pressure or temperature fluctuations is now possible via iHydrant® remote sensors for Kennedy hydrants. iHydrant® operates on a secure IoT network to transmit data to the cloud, which is then accessible on your utility’s hosted dashboard. iHydrant® allows you to monitor precise fluctuations in your water system in real time that reveal money-saving data and help you recapture non-revenue water.
- Operates on Verizon® IoT cellular network for instantaneous, long-distance data transmission.
- Full-Time Pressure/Temperature monitoring in the lower valve of your dry barrel hydrant.
- Available as a complete unit or retrofit for Kennedy Guardian hydrants.
- Long-life battery holds charge for up to five years before replacement.
- Sensor picks up micro fluctuations in pressure and temp.
- Capture data as often as 50x per second.
Your iHydrant® Dashboard
Your dashboard is the portal to your entire iHydrant® network. From here, you can see your data in real time for all devices, specific hydrant zones or one hydrant at a time.
iHydrant® Dashboard Features
- Hosted remotely for anytime access with no downtime risk.
- Accessible anywhere via desktop or mobile browser.
- Create custom logins for multiple users.
- Visual data collection for pressure and temperature, scalable down to the second.
- Export your data for additional manipulation or on-site storage.
- Set alerts for pre-defined events or to your own custom parameters.
- Battery life and reception monitoring and reporting let you know when to check a unit or replace a battery.
“iHydrant® has been beneficial to the utility by identifying different hydraulic events that impact normal daily operations. This has resulted in lower response times for repairs and a reduction in lost revenue due to water losses. iHydrant® has also helped us to identify hydraulic conditions that are occurring in the distribution system that we were previously unaware of.”Josh Wedding, City of Redmond Water Utilities Manager
Reduce non-revenue water with up-to-the-second data from your hydrant
iHydrant® is a feature-rich monitoring tool designed to save money through grid analysis, problem prevention and rapid-response mitigation.
- Real-time, whole system feedback allows you to identify potential problem areas and proactively maintain the system to prevent main breaks before they occur.
- Rapid alert systems provide notification in response to system changes, reducing utility response times and water losses.
- Remote monitoring allows for more efficient human resource allocation and job efficiency, further reducing costs associated with the system.
With affordable one-time installation costs and low annual maintenance and support fees, iHydrant® can pay for itself by preventing or alerting you in real time of water loss events. Over time, iHydrant® will help reduce costs associated with water loss, becoming an integral part of your system.
Contact your Kennedy sales representative for more information or to schedule a product demo.
Committed to Environmental Responsibility
Kennedy Valve Company is committed to protecting our natural resources through environmentally responsible manufacturing practices, including the use of 80+% recycled content in our hydrants and valves.